Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stylophone

When I was about ten years old I quit playing the violin. For some very strange reason my violin teacher had high expectations on my behalf. She really didn't have any reasons to get her hopes up high. Me and my sister had just got our very first horse, and sitting inside rehearsing was not my main priority. So I quit. Since then I have sung in many different choirs, but I never found and instrument that I enjoyed playing. Or even rehearsing. So instead of ever learning to play anything well, I compensate by playing strange instruments, that no one really knows of, really bad. Since no one else plays these instruments I feel that it doesn't matter that I play kind of awful.

A couple of weeks ago me and Ane went to London, and this resulted in my latest addition to my small (but highly appreciated) collection of strange instruments. Meet Stylophone


It fantastic. The sound is really annoying. But it's fantastic. You play by using the little stick and pushing it on the notes. The sound is kind of hard and electric. And most of all annoying. When I find out how to record from it I'll let you experience it in all it's glory. Ane's sister played a legendary version of "Anthem". I haven't decided what's going to be my big performance yet, but I'll start rehearsing (yeah right) and let you hear later. Because it's really great. I think it's the best 8£ I ever spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment