Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mew concert



We (Sigrid, Ane, Dylan and a small gang of other friends), went to see the Danish band Mew performing last night ar Sentrum Scene. I think I've said it before, but I'll happily say it again: They Are Truly Great! If you have not, for some reason checked them out yet, you should. Their music is beautiful, dreamy, clever, weired and all that is good. The guy who's singing never once sang off key, and the band is playing everything so well, making it look oh so easy and fun, and really: there is nothing about their music that says "simple". Part of their show is these really weired videos of strange animals and characters doing even stranger things, projected on to the backdrop. I read somewhere that this is partly because the guy who's singing is really shy, and does'nt crave the attention that other singers might. It's a clever way to relieve him from some of the focus, and also help underline the music, and making the experience even greater. I think I must have been smiling the whole concert, because when it was over, my cheeks were hurting.


Here's their MySpace site And here's one of their newest videos Repeaterbeater

So there it is. Recommendations of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment