Friday, March 27, 2009

Seraphin rocks my day

I recently rediscovered one of my favorite books as a child. It's called "Le merveilleux chef d'oeuvre de Seraphin" or "Serafin og hans makeløse mesterverk" in Norwegian. It's written by Philippe Fix, and I have spent countless hours studying the details in the illustrations as a kid. Looking at the pictures today takes me back instantly to my childhood, and I can see how it has inspired my imagination and my creativity. Today I found that there is actually two more books in this series, so of course I have to order them.

Here's a few glimpses from the book. I highly recommend this, either for kids, or for grown up kids such as my self..

6 comments:

  1. This book was also one of my favourites as a child; I could study the pictures for hours. When my nephew came of age I gave it to him - and now his mother is ordering me to come home and read it to him - she says: You try to read that book and no other, three times a day for three months and see if you still like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...and I have spent countless hours studying the details in the illustrations as a kid. Looking at the pictures today takes me back instantly to my childhood, and I can see how it has inspired my imagination and my creativity. Today I found that there is actually two more books in this series, so of course I have to order them...

    I discover recently the two others books too ! :-)

    C'était également le livre que je regardais attentivement étant enfant !
    i will receive next week the second book of Séraphin, next week i'll becomme a little children again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm merkelig at jeg skulle finne dette bildet som du har lagt ut..? hehe.. Har boka fremdeles jeg også. Hilsen Kristian N :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. har akkurat tråla nettet på jakt etter hva det var for noe, det minnet i bakhue om de tøffe tegningene - endte her. Takk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I always loved and remembered Seraphin.
    It came strongly again to my mind because the film production company with which I work as cinematographer, decided to produce an animation series... but the drawings that were been proposed were so poor! When they came to ask for my opinion I answered: <>.
    Why it's common opinion that children need for badly baby like handmade drawings ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I said also: "I'm am sorry I lived my childhood studying the Seraphine books... I really can't imagine these drawings to be anyway interesting for children?"

    :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete